Blogathon Day 23: Favorite recipe? Feel free to include step-by-step guide with photos!
One of my favorite recipes is a chicken teriyaki stir fry that my mom has been making since I was a kid. It’s something that I make for myself at least once a month, if not more. So here’s how to do it.
You Will Need
- 1lb of chicken breast (I prefer boneless and skinless, doesn’t have to be exactly a pound. I also sometimes use tenderloins)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I prefer low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag or head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup karo dark corn syrup
- Handful of baby carrots and any other optional veggies (diced onion, peppers, etc).
- Salt & pepper
First in a medium sized bowl whisk together 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Then add in 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 1/2 cup of the corn syrup and whisk again. I also sometimes add a few drops of honey to it, but it’s not necessary. Set aside.
Before starting the chicken I like to start the rice first since it can take about 15-30 minutes depending on the brand you use. The kind I like is jasmine rice, but you can cook whatever rice you like.
Cook the rice according to the directions on the package, for me personally I use a rice cooker.